“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer.
Below are great apps and tools team leaders can use to help them optimise the time they have available:
- RescueTime -RescueTime helps you understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive. It gives you an accurate picture of how you spend your time to help you become more productive every day.
- Remember the Milk – Remember the Milk is the popular to-do list that’s everywhere you are
– from your phone, to the web, to your Google apps, and more.
- Get to-dos out of your head, and let the app remember for you.
- Get reminded via email, text, IM, Twitter and mobile notifications.
- Share your lists and give tasks to others to get things done faster.
- Stay magically in sync on all of your devices.
- Organize the way you want to with priorities, due dates, repeats, lists, tags, and more.
- Search your tasks and notes and save your favourite searches as Smart Lists.
- See tasks nearby and plan the best way to get things done.
- Integrates with Gmail, Google Calendar, Twitter, Evernote, and more.
- Focus Booster -This app is based on the principles of the Pomodoro Technique. Stop procrastinating, focus consistently and track your time. Using focus booster, you will achieve more, understand how you use your time and feel satisfied knowing you are productive.
- Toggl – Toggl is a simple (yet powerful) time tracker that helps you learn how much your time is worth. With this time tracking app, you’ll be able to start tracking your hours and managing your work with just one click – filling timesheets has never been this easy!
- Dropbox – Dropbox is the home for all your work. You can store and share files, collaborate on projects, and bring your best ideas to life. All whether you’re working alone or as part of a team.
- Store and access files from any device.
- Share files with anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account.
- Get real-time updates on shared files. You’ll know anytime someone makes a change, leaves a comment, or moves your work.
- Turn receipts, whiteboards, and notes into PDFs with doc scanner.
- Evernote – Evernote is an application software designed for note taking, organizing, task lists, and archiving. It helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages or audio… and it’s all instantly searchable. Create notebooks, organisers, planners. Organise notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs your notes and notebooks across your devices, so your information is always with you, everywhere you go. You can also sync Remember the Milk with Evernote to really optimize your time.
- Mind42 – Mind42 is an online mind mapping application that allows users to visualize their thinking using the proven mind mapping method.
- SyncBackFree – SyncBack is software which allows backing up and synchronising files to several resources, including an internal or external drive, to different media (USB thumb drive, CD, DVD), to a remote server (NAS, FTP, Windows server) and to a cloud storage provider.
- 1Password – A password manager, digital vault, form filler and secure digital wallet. 1Password remembers all your passwords for you to help keep account information safe. It also allows you to use various passwords for different accounts, so you don’t compromise on security.
- Focus@Will – Focus@will is a neuroscience-based tool that uses specially sequenced instrumental music to increase your focus up to 400% when working and studying.
- TimeTree – TimeTree is a new type of calendar that can manage all of your plans while also allowing you to connect to the necessary people at necessary moments. TimeTree was created with the concept of allowing us all to plan a better future by connecting our time with friends and people with same interests.