A web presence can be relatively important for a small business, offering a range of benefits, including the chance to reach new audiences and better communicate with customers. Both a website and social media are key parts of the digital ecosystem and are vital components of your organisation’s web presence. They can complement one another to drive significant advantages.
Having your social media links on your responsive website design will increase your followers, allowing for the potential to gain new customers or clients. By including social share and follow buttons onto your website, you’re providing the opportunity for your content to become shareable, with viral potential. This can increase awareness of your company and provides a free marketing tool for your marketing team to utilise as shareable content is a great way to keep customers entertained and up to date. Here are key reasons for why you should link to your social networks from your website:
- Easy connection and communication with followers. Some might believe that social media is a bit impersonal when it comes to establishing and nurturing relationships with clients. But the reality is that when you know how to do it the right way, meaningful connections can indeed be made through multiple social media platforms. To get followed, you must first be a good follower. Finding and following accounts of real people and businesses who are relevant to your business is the first essential step to building your own following and is a necessary base to make several of the other tactics listed here effective.
- Improves your ranking in search results. Social media posts can be used to drive targeted traffic. Creating a new page on your site is like taking a great selfie. You want the world to see it and bask in its brilliance, but you don’t want to beg for attention.
- Increases brand awareness and loyalty. With nearly half of the world’s population using social media platforms, they’re a natural place to reach new and highly targeted potential customers. Through social media, customers can connect with brands, companies, and products in a way unlike ever before. This provides a unique opportunity for you to create brand loyalty through social media marketing.
- Builds a network with like-minded professionals. Social media isn’t simply a means of staying connected with family and friends. Many businesses also benefit from professional social networks, using them for brand recognition, recruitment, sharing ideas with like-minded individuals, and attracting and retaining customers.
- The right social media marketing strategy can help you slay the competition. If your competitors get to your potential customers first, they’ll earn their loyalty and you’ll have a hard time winning them over. If you’re active and engaging on a variety of networks, you can gain those friends and followers first and your competition will be playing catch up instead of the other way around.
- Increases your visibility. The aim of any business is to make a profit but there’s no profit if people do not know about your business. It’s all about increasing the visibility of your company. You don’t need to spend a lot of time or money to increase visibility for your business. You only need to be smart and selective in your marketing efforts and you will quickly notice the positive impact of these small efforts.
It’s clear that social media marketing has its advantages, so if your business doesn’t already have the appropriate profiles, create them! With consistent updating, the right social media marketing strategy will lead to increased traffic, better SEO, higher conversion rates, improved brand loyalty, and much more.