“Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt…Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.” – Sir Winston Churchill.
Tools empower. Having the right tools could mean the difference between accomplishing and not a task. Below are the tools to use to collaborate with your team and virtual assistant.
- Basecamp – Basecamp is a hugely popular and (at least in the web design industry) ubiquitous project management tool used by many web agencies, helping them to manage projects and collaborate with clients. Basecamp helps you increase accountability, communicate more efficiently, and keep everyone on the same page.
- Dropbox – Dropbox is a cloud storage service, which means you can copy your files to the cloud and access them later, even if you’re using a different device. Once you sync a file from your computer to Dropbox, you can then share a link to that file with your co-workers or invite them to a shared folder. It’s simple and easy to use.
- Google Calendar – Google Calendar is a time-management and scheduling calendar service developed by Google. With Google Calendar, you can quickly schedule meetings and events and get reminders about upcoming activities, so you always know what’s next. Calendar is designed for teams, so it’s easy to share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together.
- GroupMe -GroupMe is a messaging app, owned by Microsoft. Users can send group or private messages from their computer or phone using WiFi.
- LastPass – LastPass is a freemium password manager that stores encrypted passwords online. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in notes, and allows you to share your passwords and login credentials with co-workers while reducing your security risk. All you have to do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill web browser and app logins for you.
- Rhino Support -Rhino Support is a chat and helpdesk software ideal for companies that want to simplify the ticketing process. Rhino Support allows for multiple websites to be managed through a single account. If you have a public email account, which gets hundreds of messages a day you can also manage it using Rhino Support. Though it is technically a help desk application, it is also the perfect solution for this use.
- Skype – Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches via the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and images. While nothing beats a face-to-face meeting, Skype comes close. The best part is you avoid the hassle of travel. We use this application for individual and small group meetings.
- SnagIt – Snagit is a screenshot program that captures video display and audio output. Use this application for sharing screenshots and brief screencasts. It makes it possible to quickly and easily share what you see rather than trying to describe it via email.
- SweetProcess – SweetProcess is a SaaS solution for mid-sized, enterprise and multinational companies which makes documenting standard operating procedures (SOPs) easy and efficient such as sharing procedures with a team and your virtual assistant. SweetProcess can help identify ways in which processes can be further refined. It enables you to provide step-by-step instructions for your teammates, so they can replicate the process and accomplish specific tasks.